About me

just a girl trying to keep all the pieces together

Thursday, September 1, 2011

because I am a mom....

it takes me 2 hours to drink a cup of coffee, I can tell the difference between the giggles of each of my children, I shower whenever I can sneak in 15 minutes, I eat lunch at random times of day, I wash 8 jumbo loads of laundry each week that takes 10 baskets to hold while it is all waiting to be folded, I seldom will get a pedicure, when one of my children smile-my heart is filled, I live on few hours of sleep, I still read a book titled "words", I still play with dolls and color crayons, I constantly say "don't eat that" and "you have to eat that" to the same children, I turn my head when I hear a child say "mom" even though I don't recognize the voice, I give at least 20 kisses per day, I love when my boys kiss my forehead, it hurts my heart when my kids disrespect me, I can eat, drink coffee, check facebook, type a blog entry, text, record an invoice, do my makeup and even get dressed-while holding a baby, I find joy when my kids feel they have accomplished something, my heart hurts when they disappoint themselves, I make my dinner plate last, and serve a round of seconds before I sit down, I say bedtime prayers at least 2 times every night, with 3 groups, I am overwhelmed by unconditional love, I MUST have my calendar or I fall apart, the Pediatrician's office knows my first name,  I love finding treasures at the thrift store, my house is rarely ALL clean,  I end up with at least 12 single socks every week, I match at least 80 pair of socks each week, I refuse to clean the boys' bathroom, I have mastered the diaper assembly line, I get 12 I love you's every single day and each one is beautiful, I am still wondering why we needed to know some of the things we learned in 6th grade?, I have a Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Behavioral Therapist, Diagnostician, 3 Schools, Pediatrician, Optometrist, 2 School Nurses, 2 CPS workers, 1 Caseworker, After Hours #, Poison Control, and the CoOp oversight's phone numbers all on speed dial, I'm not really into "Girls Night Out", my book club is reading "Diary of a Wimpy Kid", I love when my neighbor visits me out of the blue, I appreciate my husband more, I have learned so much about the mind of a "boy", I have come up with code words for anything that would embarrass my kids,  the best vacations are the ones that have 14 people on them, I would rather sit with 5 kids touching me on the couch than in a bubble bath, I have a new understanding for "skin time", I am not phased when I feel tiny hands up my shirt touching my back, I can live without Starbucks-but consider it a very special treat, I pick out 7 outfits every day, I am considering taking up camping as a new pass time, I bought a fishing pole, I know the difference between XBOX and playstation, I spend more money on food than ANYTHING else (including my mortgage), I love reading my kids FB posts, I have random dance parties, and best of all-I get a tiny, blissful glimpse of the love my Father has for me.

1 comment:

  1. What a blessed life you live Marie. Thanks for being an encouragement to everyone around you.

    ReplyDelete