About me

just a girl trying to keep all the pieces together

Thursday, January 10, 2013

First Bite Gourmet

It was a whirlwind! One day Kami is sharing this crazy good idea with us and we are thinking "that would be cool to do one day" and then a few months later I am sweating on a food truck and posting on facebook and twitter about where we will be next. It came on like a beautiful storm. Created gorgeous chaos and left me growing as I pick up the pieces.  It is no surprise that I have entered into this arena with much apprehension. It is unfortunately my nature to second guess everything.  I have no shame in admitting that when Robb felt undeniably called to start get the Word out, I went along kicking and screaming.  My husband fought the fight alone and at times against me to remain faithful to what he was lead to do.  It took me a good year to come to the point of submission.  I don't mean submission to just "support" my husband so he feels good. I mean submission to trusting him as the head of our household, trusting him even when he doubts himself.  I am thankful for the growth that the last eleven years has provided.  When Robb looked at me after a turn of events and said that it must be time to start First Bite, I was scared out of my mind! This time it was different.  I wasn't doubting my husband or his leadership, I wasn't doubting whether or not it was what God wanted us to do, all of my doubt and fears were surrounding if I was going to be able to be all things necessary.  How will I still Mentor at MOPS, serve at church, taxi kids to and from school, assist in leading a bible study, keep the house clean and the laundry done, have enough energy at the end of the day to show my husband I love him, cook dinner, be a good friend to some very special ladies, still go on dates with my kids, AND work on a food truck, be a supporter, GIVE! MORE! I am thankful that my hesitations were not a lack of faith in what God could do, but in what I could do.......THEN it hit me, isn't that one in the same? If I praise a God of the heaven and earth that can literally part a sea and raise from the dead; what in the world has come over me to think He can't be all things in me?? Sure, I will be tired physically.  I believe literally that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!! My job will be to keep my priorities in line, my eye on the prize, and my faith in His control.  I am so excited to see the way God is already using First Bite to effect the lives of people in our community, especially the ones with the last name Jackson!  Our world has been rocked, routines have been changed, and I'm tired-but I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment