About me

just a girl trying to keep all the pieces together

Monday, April 9, 2012

....please don't be deceived

I am assuming beforehand that this post will receive some negative feedback.  I am ready for it, I think.....

Please do not for a minute think that because my children have out of the box hair cuts (maybe some crazy colors too), a few extra piercings and a tattoo or two that it means they are unruly, or disrespectful.  My children do not have to fit in the mold YOU have created in your head of what a "good Christian kid" should look like in order for their hearts to be pure and for the Lord.  Each of us at some point will choose to express ourselves.  I could question their motives and wonder why they wanted to express themselves in this way, but why?  If we have done our job and raised them to love Christ FIRST, then does it matter if they've got a few holes in their skin?  I am just in awe of the ADULTS that judge my children because they express themselves outwardly in a different way than what they themselves would choose.  Just because you don't agree, doesn't make it wrong.  I have heard all of the arguments against tattoos and body piercings. I personally believe it is not scripturally (don't think that's a word) wrong, and frankly nothing else matters to me.  At some point as a parent we have to give our children the freedom to make their own decisions.  We have to come to a point where we trust their choices.  When will that be?  When their 10, 15, 20?? 
I have been wrestling with the need for this post, I guess momma bear was ready to express herself!

3 comments:

  1. True! Crazy how adults can be sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What were some of the arguments?

      Delete
    2. In the Old Testament, marking the skin was detestable by God. I think that a lot of people take it out of context to match their agenda. It is not mentioned in a negative way in the New Testament that I have found.

      Delete